The Freedom Story is looking for an Executive Director.
The Freedom Story formerly The SOLD project prevents child trafficking in Northern Thailand by providing educational scholarships and culturally relevant programs for vulnerable children, youth, and their communities through the Thai Foundation, Watana Seree. The Freedom Story TFS began with a short documentary film highlighting the stories and experiences of child sex workers in Northern Thailand. As the team interviewed sex worker after sex worker, common themes became apparent: poverty, a lack of education, and a lack of options.
It was clear that education was the missing link, and a scholarship program for at-risk children and youth began. The scholarship program grew to fit other needs in the community and TFS’s holistic prevention program was born.
Northern Thailand has the highest percentage of students who have never attended schools 9.9, the lowest average of number of school years completed 7.31 for boys and 6.56 for girls, and a high number of stateless peoples according to UNESCO research, between 30-60 of hill-tribe members in the mountainous regions of Northern Thailand lack citizenship. It's no wonder that this region has functioned as a supply site for the booming Thai commercial sex trade – which estimates suggest has as many as 60,000 children exploited in it each year.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Watana Seree. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the management of staff, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include marketing, administration and community outreach.
1 Leadership and Management: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations fo the organization are appropriate. Works with the Thailand board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Watana Seree in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the U.S. Office and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and U.S. office and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible effective administration of Watana Seree operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff. Hold management staff responsible for staff development, and planning. Promote and maintain a positive work environment.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, and for ensuring implementation of those agreements.
2 Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and s; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Responsible for implementation of Watana Seree’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Ensure effective s to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Responsible for leading and development of strategic planning to ensure that Watana Seree can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Watana Seree's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely and in partnership with other professional and private organizations and government.
- Work with in-country leadership to ensure programs and operational structures are adapted to meet ongoing and anticipated needs, both short and long-term.
- Promote a team approach, promote a learning environment that utilizes Thai staff, HQ and partners to enhance the quality of design and implementation of programs.
3 Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Watana Seree, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Work with the Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator to expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and growth while simultaneously reducing dependence on the U.S. Freedom Story office.
- A bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree in business, leadership, public management, human resources or communications is preferred;
- Transparent and high integrity leadership;
- Ten or more years senior nonprofit management experience;
- Fluency in both English and Thai;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to organizational planning;
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed;
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting;
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation;
- Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, workforce planning, cross departmental cooperation and staff mentoring;
- Experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team; solid understanding of gender equality;
- Ability to convey a vision of Watana Seree’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors;
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups;
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff;
- Strong public speaking ability;
- Ensure effective program reporting, as well as monitoring/evaluation s for internal and external use;
- Knowledge of human trafficking trends and issues in Thailand, with a knowledge or experience of working in Northern Thailand preferred.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget;
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit;
- Serving as Watana Seree’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public;
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the country and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Watana Seree’s mission;
- Report and work closely with the Thailand Board of Directors and in-country leadership team to seek their involvement in policy decisions and to increase the overall viability of the organization throughout the country;
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff;
- Strategic planning and implementation;
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings;
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts;
- Review and approve contracts for services;
- Other duties as assigned by the Thai Board of Directors and U.S. Office.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office
- Google Calendar, Documents and Email
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: The Freedom Story seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Freedom Story is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Fluency in both English and Thai is required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Contact : email@example.com
31 มีนาคม 2018
ชื่อสถานประกอบการ : มูลนิธิวัฒนเสรี (The Freedom Story)
ที่อยู่ติดต่อ : 171 หมู่ 1 ต.โป่งแพร่ อ.แม่ลาว จ.เชียงราย
เบอร์โทรติดต่อ : 000000000
อีเมล์ติดต่อ : firstname.lastname@example.org
13 กุมภาพันธ์ 2018 เวลา 16:10:01